As you may be aware by now, we’re looking at starting the league up again on Tuesday August 3rd (please click here for the revised fixtures). The league will resume from where it was suspended in March 2020 as we feel this is the fairest and most practical thing to do given how little there is left of the season to complete.
In terms of Coronavirus, the latest advice from the government regarding step 4 on July 19th was issued on Monday, July 5th. The key points for participants of the league are:
1) “We will move away from legal restrictions and allow people to make their own informed decisions about how to manage the virus. From Step 4, we will remove all legal limits on the numbers meeting indoors and outdoors.”
2) “We will end the 1 metre plus rule on social distancing, and the legal obligation to wear a face covering, although guidance will suggest where you might choose to do so, especially when cases are rising, and where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed places”.
Although the risk is now considered low, especially for people who have received both vaccine doses, participants are asked to follow local and government guidelines as well as those set out by the venue. Furthermore, the advice from the pool league is:
- A handshake before/after each frame and at the completion of the match is not advised. However, a thumbs up or elbow nudge is okay.
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms, feel unwell or have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days, please do not attend.
- Avoid bringing more players/spectators than necessary.
- Use hand sanitiser where provided.
- Where possible, use the NHS Covid-19 test and trace app.
Having visited venues and messaging every team captain, the response to starting the league again in August has been overwhelmingly positive.
With that said, we look forward to starting again soon and returning to some kind of normality in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Melton Mowbray Pool League.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com. Feel free to email us your score sheets!
Select your division below to see league tables and results, or select one of the other tournaments.
Use the buttons below to get to the other tournaments.